Capece-Flavhan Wedding (May 5, 2001)
Here are the pictures I took on the occasion of the wedding of Paul Capece and
Kate Flavhan on May 5. Yes I did take a lot of pictures--there are 216 on
these pages. Most of them required adjustments in the brightness, contrast, or
I have taken measures to minimize the time for the pictures to load into your
- Use of thumbnails when showing groups of pictures.
- The files which hold the thumbnail images are typically 1/16th the full-size
pictures they represent--this means the load very quickly.
- Presentation of the pictures in groups
- Rather than show 216 thumbnails on one index page, I have separated the
pictures into four groups so that the respective pages will load faster. This
is also more kind to your browser.
- Compression of the full-sized images
- The full-size images are compressed so that they take approximately half
the disk space of the originals. This makes the pictures faster to load and
easier to store without undue loss of image quality.
If you would like to print any of these pictures on your printer, I recommend
that you e-mail me to request that I send you
the original .JPG file. This is because the loss of image quality that comes
of the compression really shows up on the printer.
||Preparations for wedding, rehearsal dinner|
|Get me to the church on time.|
||First part of reception festivities--arrival of couple and guests|
|Rituals at the reception|
Back to site index.